Bandarban is located about 77 km from Chittagong, a divisional city in the southeastern part of Bangladesh. Bandarban is popular not only as a district of Chittagong Hill Tracts, but also as a district of the best tourist attraction in Bangladesh. Among the natural opulence here, the most eye-catching are its green hills, crazy waterfalls and micro-ethnic people. To have these experiences, one must know how to embrace this beauty. Know more about Bandarban travel details.
Sightseeing of Bandarban
- The Nilgiris are one of the highest peaks in Bangladesh at about 4000 feet above sea level. Visitors call the Nilgiris the land of clouds because the entire area is covered in clouds.
- The sunrise moment in Nilgiris is amazing and it can surprise any tourist during misty winters. The picturesque helipad is one of the most attractive places in the Nilgiris.
- The Bangladesh Army Brigade is engaged in the maintenance of the tourist area.
Chimbuk Hills, Thanchi (Tourist Attraction in Bandarban)
Located about 25 km from Bandarban district, it is the third largest mountain in Bangladesh. While traveling to Chimbuk in Chander’s car, one can see the breathtaking nature around it. When visitors look down from this place, they are amazed to see a raft of clouds.
It takes about one and a half hours to reach from Bandarban city.
In that case, it should be remembered that no vehicles will ply on the Chimbuk-Thanchi route after 4 pm. So if you want to go to Chimbuk Hill, you have to go before that time. Usually tourists hire a car to visit Chimbuk, Nilgiri, Milanchari, and Shailoprapat Jharna together.
Rockfall Fountain, Thanchi
This waterfall in Milanchari is just a few kilometers away from Thanchi police station. Its very cold and crystal clear water features many rocks. The spring is a great source of fresh water for the locals. There is also a market outside the falls where tourists can buy handloom products and local food items.
From here, the struggling life of the local people can deeply observe.
One of the attractions of Bandarban is the rock falls between Chimbuk Hills and the Nilgiris. So Nilgiri tour car can be stopped mid way and see this waterfall.
Baga Lake, Ruma (Tourist Attraction in Bandarban)
A lot of tourists come here every year to see the beauty of this amazing blue water lake. During the monsoons, going to Baga Lake becomes quite difficult due to the bad condition of the roads. During the winter season, tourists can make a campfire, which is undoubtedly a great memory.
Ruma Bazar is located at a distance of 48 km from Bandarban. And it is 17 km from Ruma Bazar to Baga Lake. Vehicles do not go directly to Baga Lake during monsoons. So new tourists should prepare to walk to Baga Lake.
Golden Temple, Bandarban Sadar
- The original name of this Buddhist temple is Buddha Dhatu Jadi Mandir, which is one of the best places to visit in Bandarban.
- This unique temple made of wood by Myanmar artisans houses the second largest Buddha image in Bangladesh. The temple situated at a height of about 600 feet above the sea level.
- To visit this golden temple, you must go between 8:30 AM and 11:30 PM. And if you don’t want to go in the morning, you should go between 1:15 PM and 6:00 PM.
- By entering the temple for an entry fee of Rs 20, visitors can enjoy its architecture and the surrounding landscape.
Keokradong, Ruma (Tourist Attraction in Bandarban)
This mountain is about 3 thousand 172 feet above the sea level and is located about 30 km from Ruma Sadar. This remote area is full of natural beauty with small and big mountains. Keokradong is located on the border of Bangladesh and Myanmar.
The exquisite beauty of the green hills, the cool springs, the winding paths, the mountain roads, the game of hide and seek in the clouds on the mountain tops; All these things together will make you feel intoxicated.
On the way from Ruma to Keokradong, there is a small tribal village called Darjeeling Para. Many tourists stop their journey and rest in this wonderful village.
Sangu River (Tourist Attraction in Bandarban)
The Sangu River is a majestic river that originates from the Chittagong Hill Tracts and flows through Bandarban. The river is known for its crystal-clear water, which is ideal for swimming and fishing. Visitors can also enjoy a leisurely boat ride along the river and admire the beautiful scenery on either side.
Buddha Dhatu Jadi (Tourist Attraction in Bandarban)
Buddha Dhatu Jadi, also known as the Golden Temple, is a Buddhist temple located on top of a hill in Balaghata, Bandarban. The temple houses a 45-foot-high Buddha statue, which is the largest Buddha statue in Bangladesh. Visitors can also explore the temple’s intricate architecture and beautiful murals.
Amiakhum Waterfall (Tourist Attraction in Bandarban)
Amiakhum Waterfall is a picturesque waterfall located in the Naikhongchhari Upazila of Bandarban. The waterfall is surrounded by lush green forests and rocks, and it cascades down from a height of 200 feet. Visitors can take a dip in the cool water, have a picnic on the rocks, or simply relax and admire the natural beauty.
- Bandarban is home to several ethnic communities, each with their unique culture, traditions, and way of life.
- Visitors can immerse themselves in the local culture by visiting the various tribal villages in the district.
- Some of the most prominent tribal communities in Bandarban include the Marma, Chakma, and Tripura.
- Visitors can learn about their traditional lifestyle, taste local cuisine, and shop for traditional handicrafts and souvenirs.
Meghla (Tourist Attraction in Bandarban)
Meghla is a popular tourist destination situated in the heart of Bandarban. It is a vast eco-park that features a lake, a mini zoo, and several picnic spots. Visitors can enjoy boating on the lake, see various animals at the zoo, and have a picnic in the beautiful surroundings.
Rijuk Waterfall is a beautiful waterfall located in the Ruma Upazila of Bandarban. The waterfall is surrounded by lush green forests, and it cascades down from a height of 300 feet. Visitors can take a dip in the cool water, have a picnic on the rocks, or simply relax and admire the natural beauty.
Nafakum Waterfall is a stunning waterfall located in the Thanchi Upazila of Bandarban. The waterfall is surrounded by lush green forests, and it cascades down from a height of 25 feet. Visitors can take a dip in the cool water, have a picnic on the rocks, or simply relax and admire the natural beauty.
Known for its scenic beauty and diverse ethnic culture, Bandarban has become a popular tourist destination among locals and foreigners alike. From trekking to sightseeing, this district offers a plethora of activities for adventure enthusiasts. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide to exploring Bandarban and share some tips that will make your trip more memorable.
- The easiest way to reach Bandarban is by taking a bus from Dhaka or Chittagong.
- The journey from Dhaka takes around eight hours, while the journey from Chittagong takes around three hours.
- If you prefer a more comfortable mode of transportation, you can hire a private car or take a flight from Dhaka to Chittagong and then take a bus or a private car to Bandarban.
Accommodation (Tourist Attraction in Bandarban)
There are a variety of accommodation options available in Bandarban, ranging from budget to luxury. You can choose to stay in a hotel, resort, or a guesthouse, depending on your budget and preferences. Some of the popular accommodation options in Bandarban are:
- Hillside Resort: Located in the heart of Bandarban town, this resort offers comfortable rooms and excellent facilities.
- Sairu Hill Resorts: Situated on top of a hill, this resort offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Parjatan Motel: This budget-friendly accommodation is located near the Meghla Tourist Spot and offers basic amenities.
Bandarban is a paradise for trekkers. The district is home to several hills and mountains, including the highest peak in Bangladesh, the Keokradong. The Keokradong trek is a challenging yet rewarding experience for adventure enthusiasts. The trek takes around three days and requires a certain level of fitness and preparation. If you prefer a less challenging trek, you can opt for the Chimbuk trek, which takes around two hours to complete.
Tips for Visiting Bandarban
- Bandarban is a hilly region, and the weather can be unpredictable.
- It is essential to pack warm clothes, comfortable shoes, and rain gear, especially during the monsoon season.
Hire a Guide
Hiring a guide is highly recommended for treks and visits to ethnic villages. A local guide can provide valuable insights into the region’s history, culture, and customs, making your trip more meaningful and informative.
Respect Local Customs
Bandarban is home to several ethnic communities, each with its own unique customs and traditions. It is essential to respect their beliefs and practices, dress modestly, and seek permission before taking photographs.
Carry Enough Cash (Tourist Attraction in Bandarban)
- ATMs are not readily available in Bandarban, so it is essential to carry enough cash for your trip.
- Most hotels and resorts accept credit cards, but small businesses and local shops may not.
Be Mindful of the Environment
- Bandarban’s natural beauty is its biggest attraction.
- As a responsible traveler, it is crucial to be mindful of the environment and avoid littering or damaging natural habitats.
Bandarban is a hidden gem in Bangladesh, offering a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural diversity, and adventure activities. With its stunning landscapes, vibrant ethnic communities, and range of activities, Bandarban is an ideal destination for travelers looking for an offbeat and adventurous experience.